In model form, the Selly Oak canal is filled with Woodland Scenics "Deep Pour" resin. It's excellent stuff, but you really do need to keep it in the canal.
I did my best. The ends were dammed with plastic and gaffer tape. The baseboard joint had a thin strip of plastic stuck in it. I'd filled all the gaps underneath.
But the stupid stuff still seeped out. I spotted a small puddle but it was too late. The layout has stuck itself to the MDF worktop. And, I realised, the boards had stuck together.
I did not sleep well that night.
In the morning, it was time for drastic measures. A couple of wallpaper scrapers were sharpened and slid under the board. This helped a bit, but the boards still didn't move.
Desperate times demand desperate measures. Out came a chisel which was hammers under the boards. Eventually, they moved. Phew.
Next, the chisel was "gently" hammers in between the two boards. Three goes later, these also came apart.
As you can see, the results aren't pretty, but it proves these White Rose baseboards are tough.
At least the canal looks fantastic.