I have a box of model people. When I need a person, I tip the box out and dig through. Most of the time I find something suitable.
What I don't know, is where all these people come from. There's all sorts in there.
- The yellow fronted airman - he came from an Airfix Sunderland Flying boat my Dad made me many years ago. The model got battered and was eventually binned but I kept the people. One day I will build the kit again and re-fit them.
- Some ancient Egyptians were from a random interesting box bought over 20 years ago. They are an odd scale but then since I'm unlikely to build much old Egypt, it probably doesn't matter.
- There are several packs of Airfix civilians. Some are soft and flashy, others harder and cleaner from the days when the mould was young.
- The bowler hatted man is from a Lledo "Day's Gone" vehicle set. When these first came out, they included some very nicely modelled people. Usually the the wrong scale but it didn't matter.
- A pink guardsman is probably from a Christmas Cracker.
- There's a Merit cow and the clear, plastic base of a pre-painted figure. I've never bought any of these as they were far to pricey for my pocket money so it much have been in a box of bits.
- The HO scale population on sprues surely arrived the same way. Some of them really are an odd shape.
- Some of the better whitemetal people come from Linka. The rather less detailed ones come from road vehicle kits where their deficiencies won't be noticed.
- And the Astronaut - pure Airfix bought back in the 1970's when all things space were exciting to a young boy.