Thursday, March 24, 2022

Coupling up rolling stock and APT oggling in April's BRM

 

A model railway needs rolling stock, so it's time for me to build some for my latest project layout, DHAPR Wagon Works. 

On past layouts, couplings have been an issue. The "sensible" option is to stick to traditional tension locks, but that means trying to solve the uncoupling conundrum. None of the simple commercial ramps work as well as I think they should, so with a tiny layout and limited operation, I've gone all fine scale with 3-links. 

There's also the chance to enjoy one of my earliest layout photo shoots. Lower Exbury is a lovely model, but when I took the pictures in London a couple of years ago, I couldn't forsee that various factors would conspire against them appearing in print. Everything is better now though, and you can see the fruits of my efforts. 

The April issue sees our review of Hornby's latest go at the Advanced Passenger Train, and to conincide with this, on BRM TV, I'm talking about collecting APT memorabilia. Sadly, I didn't get to take the model in this photo away with me!

No comments: