Sunday, July 10, 2022

Busfest at Gaydon 2022

West Midlands lineup

Down came the rain!

Seriously. Despite a forcast that suggested cloudy, but dry, weather, those of us who headed to the motor museum at Gaydon to look at buses got wet. Basically, cloudy became light rain with bursts of heavy stuff. It was 'orrible. 

Having toured the indoor sales stands and picked up some bargain train paperwork, I made it outside to see the promised 80 buses.

1968 Bristol - OAX 9F

What actually happend, was I hid under a gazebo, nipping out briefly to buy an ice cream. It is summer after all. My jacket was showerproof, but I wish I'd worn a much more appropriate (in all ways) anorak. 

Eventually, I dug my beanie hat out of my bag and decided to just get wet. Racing around I photographed plenty of public transport, and decided this was enough. 

A pity, as with slightly better weather, it was a terrific event. All the buses were offering 15 minute rides, and the keen enthusiasts were trying as many of them as possible. I believe there was also a shuttle to Leamington station, and the locals would head back to Wythall museum later in the day if you had parked there and wanted a really good run. 

I remain amazed how many of the these vehicles are in private hands. Where do you keep them? How do you find the bits for a restoration? I'm just glad people do. 

See the full set of soggy photos over on Flickr.

1 comment:

Woz said...

G'day Phil,

I pictured you as a groupie bus rider but having seen your pics they are not good for taking photo's from.
I trust you enjoyed all the sounds of the day also.

Don't complain about the rain & enjoy the summer shower you had, have a look at Sydney, NSW, Australia in the past couple of months, let alone Northern NSW & again the past year too.

A couple of months ago I done a job outside in the rain & got drenched to the bone. The bosses apology was some consolation.

Cheers Woz
Sydney, NSW, Australia