Sunday, July 31, 2022

DEMU 2022

 

Cake, crisps and diet coke

According to a popular web forum, there was no cake to be had at the DEMU showcase last weekend. As a seasoned cake hunter, I found some. OK, it was tucked at the end of the bar, and the process of buying it was somewhat bizantine, but once purchased, it was excellent. 

As were the layouts. I was there to carry out a couple of layout shoots, so my other photos are a bit limited. 

Clackmannan Goods

Well Park

Splott

Hinksey Yard

All the rest of the shots are either ones I was there to take for BRM, and therefore brilliant but I can't share them on the blog, or a bit rubbish. I am looking at lining up more layouts from the show for proper shoots, so there will be more to come.


3 comments:

dana said...

Glad you found some cake . It's not Phil's Work bench with out a cake report LOL:

Anonymous said...

I look forward to your reports in the magazine as it is so expensive to visit shows now. The £11 entry isn't the problem.

For me to attend this show would cost around £100 diesel. I used to travel by train but all the really cheap advanced tickets have ended. I was able to get to the NEC for around £20 return but I have just checked & it would now also cost around £100.

This must be having an effect on attendence numbers.

Phil Parker said...

Not sure what exhibition organisers are supposed to do about people's travel costs - although I often see suggestions on forums that they should do something. Sadly, travel costs are on the rise - maybe this will see the end of any exhibition as people revert to a medieval life of never leaving their village, but I doubt it. The problem is that it hits people differently. The further you are away from an event, the more it costs.

As for show reports in magazines, I'm afraid no-one really goes in for this as most readers aren't that interested in events they didn't go to. We do a little in GR for the NGRS, and possibly a single "seen at the show" page for the others, but nothing that might be termed "a report".