Friday, July 01, 2022

Layout in a day at the NGRS

Garden Rail garden railway in a day

This time last week, I built this layout. A 3m square garden railway. 

With two seperate circuits of 32mm gauge Faller/Big-Big track, I think it's my best effort to date. Thanks to my Mum's hard work producing the plants, it looks (IMHO) amazing. 

Feedback at the show was positive. I know this sort of thing isn't everyone's cup of tea, but generally, people seemed to be enjoying it. 

Full details will be in the August issue of Garden Rail of course, along with some thoughts about what I should do next year...



4 comments:

Apple Tree said...

Excellent ! Where can I order the track from please ?

Phil Parker said...

Sorry, it's a second hand market job for that. There's a fair bit around though. Note, it's supplied as bright red, I spray paint it black.

James Finister said...

@apple tree A well known auction site is your friend, personally I would go for the brass version of the Faller track, but you'll probably have to get that from a German seller

This autumns project is a small 16mill layout to distract the grandson from the lack of activity on the 7 1/4"

James Finister said...

Oh I forgot, if you have access to a 3D printer then go to locoremote http://www.locoremote.co.uk/3dprints.html