Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Chassis on

 


More lessons learned. Plain bearings fitted into the axleboxes. I even drill them out a little to deepen the hole. Both solebars are carefully shortened to fit, and amazingly, I manage to have the axles of the Hornby wheels (no, I'm not using the plastic ones supplied in the kit) perpendicular to sides so they run perfectly. 
 
Even the tie-bars survive my ministrations. Good, except that according to the instructions, they should be cut off...
 
Talking of the instructions, they appear to be duplicated from typed originals. I'm sure the last kit I built had less old-fashioned versions. Were they updated during the run? 
 
Provendor Wagon
Brake gear and buffers added, and the wagon is looking the part. All I need is paint, I can't go wrong now can I?

No comments: