Monday, November 28, 2022

ARII Ghost box

 

ARII Ghost box
This is a rare kit. 

It must be, because it says so on the Post-It note on the end of the box. And on the many examples of the kit for sale online. 

So rare, that I ought to put it away in the kit stash and wait for its value to soar. 

However, I'm a rubbish investor, so I'm going to built it. After all, that's what plastic kits are for, and I doubt many of the ones I do have stored away are increasing in value right now. 

There are six flavours of Ghost Box in the Mysterious Coin Box series. I picked up the Zombie Hand version, from the three "rare" kits on sale at the IPMS show.  (How lucky was I to find three rare kits still on the stand at the end of a two-day show?) This would explain why the drawing inside the box shows a skull, from the Skull Head version. 

Anyway, inside there is a large (14 by 10cm) plastic base, a tombstone with inscription, and lots of black bits that will make up the mechanism, because this is a working model, along with the motor and metal parts. And a hand. A zombie hand.


No comments: