Sunday, November 06, 2022

The Great British Model Railway Show 2022

Leader in for repair

A busy weekend. My usual position at the top of the escalators - where there isn't any electricity - was filled with projects. Fewer than last year because I gave the DHAPR Wagon works a trip out and it takes up most of the table. 

On the other side was my 009 micro, "The Handyman Hall Railway", which didn't want to work due to a combination of dead batteries and iffy loco. Work to do there obviously as it's a useful little layout. 

Anyway, Firday evening saw me recruited by KR Models to stick a chain cover back on their Leader model. A few minutes with superglue, and I was rewarded with some rather nice free pens. 

Saturday passed in a bit of a blur. Lots and lots of chat, with several beginners coming over to ask some good basic questions. Hopefully, I provided useful answers and they have gone home to start building things. 

Sunday started slower, but picked up and I managed to have a quick look around. Not very long though, so thanks to my Dad for taking photos for me, as well as covering so I could go to the toilet! 

All of which means I didn't see much of the event, but a couple of layouts stuck in my mind - O gauge "Woolfe Lowe" which I'm in the process of arranging to shoot for BRM, and David Wright's amazing diorama, "Raven's Ravine" featuring his superb buildings, and a couple of dragons. I've already shot this for the mag...

Cake - excellent slated caramel cake from the cafe. Highly recomended. Mind you, the boys from West Hill Wagon Works, know how to feed themselves during a show too!

West Hill Wagon Works cake run

There was even time for a little work, shooting the new Hornby TT range, Paytrains buildings and steam effect Flying Scotsman. 

Horby TT 08 diesel

The TT looks good, especially the 08. I could really fancy building something around one of these...

More photos over on Flickr.

No comments: