Friday, November 04, 2022

To build, or not to build?

 

Here is the sum total of my modelling carried out while demonstrating at The Great British Model Railway Show last weekend. Three axleboxes attached to a Parkside brake van chassis. 

This shows I enjoyed a very succesful demo session - lots and lots of chatting, very little building. As far as I'm concerned, I'm there to chat and answer questions, not get modelling done. 

However, I'm now wondering if I should keep this kit for next year (assuming there is a show next year), or just get it built and blog? 

What do you think? 

(BTM - Photos from the event coming soon)

5 comments:

Woz said...

G'day Phil,

It's not like you need it & so complete the other axlebox next year.

Cheers Woz

IACooper said...

As someone who misses the blogged build series' of old, and who isn't likely to attend the event, I'd vote for get it built for the blog.

Simon Hargraves said...

I'd be inclined to get it built...part built kits have a way of bits getting lost/damaged. I take it this is a 7mm kit given the separate axlebox bits?
Be interesting to see how you get on with it.
Cheers,
Simon.

Steve said...

If you keep it for next year, will you be able to find it in 12 months time ??
I have put lots of things 'somewhere safe' and now I've no idea where they are :-)

Anonymous said...

Unless you need the completed model it sounds like you will never need to think again about what to take to shows.

A whole show career in one small kit and great continuity!!!!!!