Friday, August 30, 2024

Hutchinson, in blue

 

Hutchinson

My favourite Isle of Man Peacock, has to be Number 12, Hutchinson. I first saw it back in 1993, when the loco sported a blue livery and sqaure cab. Some people consider it a "non-authentic" livery, but since it wore this paint for 12 years, I can't see that argument stands up. 

Anyway, I recenlty managed to pick up a model of the loco. 


Produced in 1987, this is a limited edition model, although just how limited it is, I don't know. Rails don't have one in stock.

Now, rivet counters might detect a few differences between model and protoype, but I'm not going to let their nit-picking ruin my enjoyment of my new model. 

OK, it's a bit of a rubbish souvenier, but I love it for just that reason. This is properly silly!



2 comments:

BelfastCardiffDublinEdinburghLondon said...

Agreed Phil, my fave too - certainly of the restored locos. I really liked the Mannin style cab and the Irish Great Northern style livery.

James Finister said...

93 was my second visit to the IoM. I must rescan some photos.