Tuesday, August 20, 2024

Trains4U, Peterborough

 

When visiting a new (to me) town, I can't help typing "town Model Shops" into Google, to see if there is anywhere worth adding to my itinery. This time it was Peterborough, and the result was a visit to Trains4U.

It's a big shop, with a main floor and a mezanine - all stuffed full of stock. 

Railways are the main feature, but there's also Warhammer, plastic kits (big range) and even Tamiya RC cars and trucks. All this plus loads of paint (at least 3 ranges), tools, glues and scenic items. Railway fans will find N, OO and O gauge a plenty.

Upstairs is a reasonable selection of second-hand models. No giraffe cars, but the NOS packs of OO gauge Graham Farish wagons looked tempting. I have too much stuff I keep reminding myself...

Not really needing anything railway modelling, or any other sort if I'm honest, related, I came away with a Peco point for the BRM NG7 project, and some paint. Were money, and space, no object, I'm sure I could have added more, but Peterborough isn't that far from the office, so I'm sure there will be more visits as it wouldn't be that hard to swing by on the way home.

No comments: