Monday, August 19, 2024

This years Art in the Park haul

A couple of weeks ago, it was time for "Art in the Park", Leamington's celebration of arty types and the things they make. Obviously, I went a long as I love this stuff, and came away with a couple of items which I think you'll like. 


First up, a Hare from Ros Ingram Ceramics. I have another piece from Ros, a small fox, that I won on the tombola last year. At the time I didn't know who the artist was, but as soon as I saw her work on the stand, that question was answered. 

My approach with art is simple, I look at it, and then go for a wander around the event. If it's still in my head when I get back to the stand, then I have another look, and if it's within budget for the day, I'll be bringing it home. 

The only problem with the Hare was which pose? The version with his ears back looked lovely, but in the end, it was ears up that I couldn't get away from. He's now safe in the the display case, but for a couple of days, sat beside the computer looking up as me very sweetly. 

Now, Ros runs courses to teach others how to work the clay, and I have the leaflet on my wall. I think I'd enjoy having a go. 


The second buy was this piece from Baobab Tree Mosaics. I'm sure to some people this wouldn't count as proper "art", but every time I look at it, it makes me smile, and that's good enough for me. The 13cm diameter dome is hand made, and mosaic'd in shiny blue tiles, plus those eyes. 

I've fitted it to the display case behind me as my supervisor when working. He is called "Bob". You can see himn in Teams calls with me, although no one has yet.

Maybe this year, I didn't learn a new skill, but I did answer the question, "What is a burrito" with the answer "Delicious, and filling". And I have a couple of hand-made items that make me happy.

4 comments:

Luke Stevens said...

I love Bob! I hope we get to see him in video's and not jjust teams meeting!

Phil Parker said...

I'll see what I can do...

BelfastCardiffDublinEdinburghLondon said...

One of the reasons I like your blog Phil - you get the fact that life is not just about modelling !

Phil Parker said...

Thanks. In this case I just like objects that have been hand crafted by a real person. You get a little of that person in each item.