Thursday, May 24, 2018

3D printed 02, 2 scale cakebox and lots of interviews in BRM


They've given me a microphone in the June issue of BRM, and I know how to use it. 

Friday at the Doncaster show was spent helping people bring layouts into the racecourse and then asking them lots of questions. We've tried to give a flavour of a big show beyond just the stuff you see when wandering around.

Inside, I've built a Class 02 diesel from a 3D printed kit.


The kit is a 3D printed model from ALD Models. As a veteran of many, many loco kits, I found a few pleasant surprises in the construction. For a start, the chassis needed no fettling once I'd built it - I can't remember the first time that happened!

Moving on to Cakebox building, I found myself presented with 2 kits in 2 different scales.

 Both kits are really nice, but obviously, you can't fit a 4mm interior into a 2mm signal box kit, so I've done something a little arty with the bits. The challenge is all about innovative thinking, as demonstrated by many of the entries, and I think this fits the bill.

June 2018 issue of BRM. 

No comments: