Saturday, December 28, 2019

Saturday Film Club: Painting a scene



It's holiday time, so spend longer than normal gawping at this video from many years ago. 

I love Bob Ross programmes. They are my go-to stress reliever - watching a scene gradually appear in front of my eyes is relaxing and fun. There's a bit of me convinced that I could do just as good a job thanks to his tuition too.

Practically, I'm sure those techniques for creating skies would work just as well on model railway backscenes. Maybe I'll try it one day. In the meantime, there are more pictures to watch being painted. Many, many more... 

4 comments:

Rob Jackson said...

Glad to see I'm not the only one tempted to try a 'Bob Ross' style backscene, Phil. I always keep meaning to have a go at how he painted leaves on trees with a large brush, such a simple looking technique with great results.

Jim said...

Amazingly he was a US army drill sergeant previously, swore he'd never shout at anyone again once he left

Huw Griffiths said...

I'll be watching this one again.

He was clearly a talented painter - and an excellent teacher, as well.

(By the way, talent in a given discipline - and the ability to teach it - don't always go together, as I know only too well, having worked in a university.)

I'm still not completely convinced that he was particularly keen on that Afro hairdo, though ... .

Anonymous said...

Is this a case of a skilled artist making it look easy? The Mona Lisa is only some oil paint dabbed onto canvas. Experts make most things look easy but when you try them.............

I wait to see your efforts proving it to be easy.