Monday, August 09, 2021

Airfix Beach Buggy

It was a great pleasure to read that Airfix planned to re-introduce the Beach Buggy kit earlier this year. I put my pre-order in as soon as I saw the model advertised, and last week, a box arrived. 

When a young modeller, I remember building this kit. The results probably weren't very blog-worthy, but with an interest in VeeDubs, it was always going to be on my list for another go. The trouble was, unbuilt kits on eBay were in the region of £65, and like an idiot, I passed up the one I saw at £15 at Stanford Hall VW show a few years ago, and the Revell version didn't satisfy my desire for the kit.

The 1/32nd scale kit isn't large, but it's pretty comprehensive. Mind you, there aren't that many parts to the real car. At least some suitably 1970s figures are part of the package. 

Everything looks nicely moulded. Presumably the moulds were refurbished as part of the reintroduction process as I can't believe they were this good after all the time, the kit first appeared in 1972 so it's nearly as old as me!


No comments: