Friday, August 13, 2021

Industrial unit and model boats in BRM

 

A nice simple project for me in BRM this month - a Metcalfe Models industrial unit in N gauge. For modern(ish) modellers, it's a really useful building. The sort of thing you see by the dozen in light industrial yards. 

I didn't quite build it as per the instructions of course, there would be no fun in that would there? 

Over on BRM TV, we have the first full Phil-produced feature. We've changed a few things behind the scenes and will be doing all our own video work for the future. It's a challenge, but I'm looking forward to it. 

Anyway, I'm talking model boats for railway modellers - a feature that has been on the "to-do" list since our first virtual show and I'm glad the weather allowed me to do it. The subject is massive, bu t I hope I've scratched the surface at least in my short film. 

And before you ask, the water in the boat club pond is that colour for a reason...


3 comments:

Andrew Howard said...

I'm glad you mentioned the colour of the water, I was wondering!

Woody said...

Hello Phil,

I have to put show my ignorance but why is it that colour? It is a nice colour but not what you expect!

Woody

Phil Parker said...

It's an anti-weed treatment, a special chemical that doesn't harm the fish, but stops great lumps of propeller fouling weed springing up. The colour fades after a while, but I think in the video, it's freshly treated.