Thursday, August 12, 2021

Zen and the art of Garden Rail

 

Matthew Foster's write up of his superb Takasaki Light Railway contains one of my favourite lines in a model railway article.

Spending time in the garden ‘boiling water’ is the main attraction of my railway. Live steam locomotives running in the natural garden setting is when I can sit back and indulge myself.

That sounds good to me. A hobby should be relaxing, but how often does anyone actually say this explicitly? 

Elsewhere we look at a live steam "Caledonia", construct a waterwheel, consider the model railway PW department and build a powered coal wagon and Rapier diesel.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just looked through the September edition of GR via Pressreader and noted that the "Next Month" date box on page 46 says "12th August". Ops.

George