Saturday, August 07, 2021

Saturday Film Club: Action Jacks

A bit of nostalgia for me this week. When I was a child, I'd occasionally stay with my grandparents who lived a few miles away. The local newsagent sold a few interesting, and cheap, toys. I remember plastic motorbike kits for instance. They clipped together and I built several and painted them. 

They also sold Action Jacks - little jointed figures with accessories, the subject of this weeks video. Mine used to go on all sorts of adventures, particularly in "submarines" made of plant pots to the bottom of the grandparents water butt. I was always one for lowering things on bits of string, our front garden was the landing place for many a Lego spaceship that slowly descended from my bedroom window. 

I haven't seen an Action Jack for years, and don't really have any interesting in finding one, except that they might be the right size to become garden railway drivers, with a bit of Milliput for the clothing...

No comments: