Saturday, April 26, 2008

Ruston Diesel kit


ruston kit
Originally uploaded by Phil_Parker.
My background for photographs is an A0 sheet of cardboard Blu-tacked to the wall. Normally this is more than sufficient for anything I want to take a picture of, but this time I struggled. to fit everything on.

The problem item is my next kit - a Ruston Diesel locomotive in Gauge 1 from Mercian Models. In 4mm scale this would be a tiddler. Here the etches are huge and thick. I'm not sure how big the finished model will be but it's going to dwarf most of the things I've built to date.

The parts look pretty similar to any other etched kit apart from the size. Assmebly looks like it should be reasonably simple with only bonnet forming providing a challenge.

Oh well, watch this space to find out how I get on.

No comments: