Sunday, May 22, 2022

KMBC Lifeboat Day 2022

Launching boats

Last Sunday dawned sunny, but with the threat of rain later. Never mind, I was determined to attend our boat clubs' annual RNLI day, and just as importantly, sail a boat or two. If nothing else, I really needed a day away from trains...

The good news is that both my Trent and Brede lifeboats performed impecably. All the more surprising when you remember that the Trent has never been on the water in my ownership, and the Brede hasn't got it's hull wet in over five years. 

At the peak, we had 13 boats on the water, and everyone, both members and visitors, seemed to have a good time. I picked up an interesting book on lifeboat development with plans of all the vessels up to the 1970s, very handy for identifying models in the future. The cake wasn't bad either.

I could ramble on, but you'd probably prefer some photos, and here they are over on Flickr.

No comments: