Wednesday, May 19, 2010

3F Bulldog in Railway Modeller

More magazine coverage this month - the Bulldog makes an appearance over 4 pages in Railway Modeller. For those who read the blog postings, hopefully this pulls the story together and makes it coherent. If you read my ramblings a few weeks ago, the two make an interesting comparison.

If I'm being picky the photos of brass bits have come out a bit too yellow, possibly even golden. It seems to be a common problem and probably something I need to tweak more before submission. The shots of the finished model look OK though. The magazine has also knocked up a nice drawing of the boiler assembly that's far better than my efforts.

After I submitted the article, the editor came back with a few questions, one of which involved the resistance soldering device I use. At the time I didn't know of such a system available in the UK (mine was bought at least ten years ago from FourTrack Models) but in the news section of the mag, there is a mention of a new device just arrived in the country. The SuperChief 250 will be available from Solder Connection although it isn't on the website yet.

Railway Modeller Magazine

The Bulldog blog postings

No comments: