Friday, June 24, 2022

Getting ready for the NGRS

16mm scale model locomotives

Today, I should be heading toward the East of England showground for The National Garden Railway Show

As usual, the plan is to build a garden railway in the afternoon, which will run for the duration of the show. To this end, I've been checking over the 32mm gauge loco fleet. All seemed OK apart from some fiddling with Polar Bear to sort out the gear mesh. 

That, and I'd forgotten to wire up the blue Simplex. When I wrote the mag feature, the focus was on whitemetal kitbuilding and painting, not electrics. Rectifying this too about an hour and a half - partly because I melted the end of a AAA battery box soldering things up. Hopefully, my bodge will hold as I don't have a spare and a heavy loco would be ideal for this job. 

Of course, what is missing, is a steam locomotive or two. I don't think I have anything suitable in the kit pile either. I wonder if there will be anything at the show?

No comments: