Monday, March 05, 2007

The Armstong's back !


armstrong wheel
Originally uploaded by Phil_Parker.
I can’t believe it’s March already. The Armstrong was supposed to be finished long ago – at least in my slightly hopeless plan.

Anyway, it’s out of the cupboard now and before I kick off I’m taking the chance to look at it with a critical eye. Like proof reading your own text, examining a model locomotive you have built with the eye of another is pretty difficult but it has to be done.

Most of the models I build are done in stages. Every so often the kit goes back in its box while I do something else. Then it comes out again and I start with renewed enthusiasm. Let’s face it, this is a hobby so slogging through something you don’t enjoy is pointless. I get enough of this at work !

No comments: