Thursday, June 21, 2007

Noodling with plastic


tomsk cabin
Originally uploaded by Phil_Parker.
Here’s a nice pleasant little job – detailing the wheelhouse of my tugboat.

No plans, just a bit of creative work with some offcuts of plasticard, tube and assorted bits of kit leftovers.

The main thing was to put some controls in front of the skipper. A small panel with some dials and a radar display was quickly made from plastic. I even put some switches in using thin plastic rod. Better modellers than me would actually work out what all this stuff is supposed to do. A quick look through some magazines didn’t show any wheelhouse interiors of similar boats so I had to guess.

A radio, mug and thermos flask give the model a bit of life. The scrapbox supplied a Slaters 4mm scale suitcase which makes a reasonable giant sized lunchbox.

All that’s left is a newspaper. Ideally I suppose this out to be the Sun but my skipper is likely to read a Guardian like me.

No comments: