Friday, May 15, 2015

I'm not sure I'm getting any better at this

Coke Wagons

On the left, the second wagon I ever built. Constructed at least 25 years ago.

On the right, the most recent, constructed about a month ago.

Both are from the same Kenline whitemetal and plywood kit.

I'm not sure the difference in expertise shows. Perhaps the inside of the newer model isn't battered like the old one. One side of the new one is plastic strip too as the parts were missing from the second hand kit - that would have been an impenetrable stumbling block years ago.

But there isn't a quantum leap. I suppose assembling a kit well years ago and the same kit more recently probably won't show great advance but I'm not sure whether to be ashamed at my lack of improvement or proud of my achievement years ago.

No comments: