Monday, August 17, 2015

Bantum bumper

Bumper Built Part 1

Work has involved a bit of plasticard noodling recently and since I enjoy this, I thought a little work on the Bantum Tug was in order.

The front features an enormous metal "bumper" gaudily painted with wasp stripes.

I started by copying the front curve onto some 2mm plasticard using the finest permanent marker pen WH Smiths do sell. As an aside, what happened to cheap packs of CD marker pens that used to be available?

Anyway, with the curve cut out, I then ran around the edge with a pair of dividers to give a consistent width. All this is being done by eye as I didn't take measurements. Even if I had, the front of the hull is missing the flat area it should have so I'm past caring about perfection.

If it looks right, it is right.

No comments: