Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Brake van done!

32mm gauge Brake van

Job done. 

A little brake van with loads of character. The wasp stripes give it a modern look I think, and I liked them from the original model. Painting these things is easy when there aren't many and the scale is large. Somehow I managed to wipe a couple of bits of black paint off, but I like the effect so will leave well alone.  

The guard is held in place by a magnet and couple of plastic poles sticking up into his feet. He still wobbles a bit but I think will stay put. 

One fun job was attaching the Meng bolt heads on the lamp bracket and handrails. Lovely little bits of detail and so easy to use. 

The last job was to weather the model and to be honest, I couldn't be bothered to airbrush so settled for a bit of dry-brush dirt and a wash of Agrax Earth shade. I think it's enough - less is more in this case. 

I've enjoyed this project a lot. Not serious, not finecale, just a bit of fun. That's what it's supposed to be about.

1 comment:

Michael said...

Fantastic effort, what a great looking model. There scraped paint on the wasp stripes is a great bit of weathering, I was wondering how you'd done it. One of those happy accidents!