Monday, February 10, 2020

Building Parker's Lock Up


Apparently, this kit from Petite Properties is named after me, or at least I asked: "Is this named after me?"
"Are you going to buy one?"
"Yes"
"Well, then it is."

OK, not that convincing, but no matter, I was always going to buy and build one.

Like all Petite kits, it's a cheap bag of nicely cut MDF and card parts. Surface decoration is left to the builder which is either a nuisance or opportunity, depending on your approach to modelling. For me, it's the latter.


Looking at the design, it's a good idea to fit all the doors and windows before fixing the front to the back. I decided to use brick Plastikard as I want to use it for contrast in a future video.


The sheet is stuck to the front and once dry, all the windows and doors are carefully cut out. The cardboard doors are painted and fixed behind, as are the printed clear plastic windows. 


2 comments:

James Finister said...

It is worth mentioning that there is a very active PP group on facebook which is full of good ideas

Salmotrutta said...

Thanks for sharing the link. Perhaps their marketing is like Coke when they put people's names on the cans?