Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Warehouse Wednesday: Water tower

Cranmore water tower

Stopping off on the way to Shepton Mallet a couple of weeks ago, I dropped in to the East Somerset Railway to eat my sandwiches in the car park. As I scoffed the finest food that Moreton-in-the-Marsh Coop (possibly the poshest supermarket outside Fortnum & Mason) could provide, I fell in love with the water tower. 

I can't claim to know anything about it, other than I like the design. Instinct tells me that the attractively rusted tank is older then the brick base, but that doesn't matter. 

Cranmore station was a bit of a revelation. A very attractive site, even on an out-of-season Thursday, both the cafe and gift shop were open. Obviously I tried the cafe, and can report the cake is excellent. So good, I regretted the sandwiches as the menu listed some mouth-watering Greek food that I fancied trying. Maybe another day. 




1 comment:

Woz said...

G'day Mate,

I'll give you another reason to get back there to try the sandwiches.
A pic of the menu for its description of its culinary delights would be nice.

Cheers Woz