Sunday, July 26, 2026

Steam on the Arrow Valley

 

Dylan

One of the fun things with the garden railway scene, is being invited to run on other people's lines. I recently had the opportunity to try the Arrow Valley Railway, a 45mm line about half an hour from me. 

Railmotor

My railmotor was first out. Being electric, it's perfect for this sort of thing, and allowed me to the explore the track, which you have to move around to see properly. As you can see, Little Phil and Brian were waiting at the station. 


It's bad form not to bring a steam loco, or at least I think it is, so my Lady Anne came out after its recent run at the club. It promptly embarrassed me by refusing to light up. However, removing the gas jet isn't too hard, even for someone as clumsy as me, and within ten minutes I'd fixed the problem. And yes, I am stupidly proud of myself for doing this. 

On the track, the loco was sprightly. Regulator half open was sufficient for running, even a little fast at times!


 

No comments: