Monday, February 06, 2006

Wrong colour, I think...


Green model loco
Originally uploaded by Phil_Parker.
Now I’ve re-assembled the locomotive chassis, I have to face the question of the model’s final livery. As mentioned a few days ago that I wondered about something other than plain black, the colour that most of my locos end up wearing.

After much thought I decided to try green. Not Brunswick green, but not a light apple green either. My paint drawer threw up a dark satin colour from Humbrol. This was carefully applied to the cab and bonnet. The running plate would be black and the buffer beams red. I could even line the bonnet and cab with some cream paint.

I don’t like it though. For some reason it looks wrong. Fictitious private owner liveries have never looked right to my eyes and this one was going to be no exception. There is only one thing for it, as soon as I can get in the garage I will shake up the spray can and this loco is going to be black !

No comments: