Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Flat pack chassis


1861chassisflat
Originally uploaded by Phil_Parker.
According to “experts” you should always start your day with the worst job you have to do. After this then everything seems easier. Therefore, much as I might want to ponce around with the body of this model locomotive, I should get started on the difficult chassis.

This is no great hardship as I’ve always tended to build the mechanical bits first on the basis that the pretty bits are easy but if I can’t make something that works properly then there is little point in carrying on.

So, I took a photocopy of the plan from Railway Modeller and stuck it (with Bostick non-solvent glue) on two thinknesses of nickel silver sheet. Next I have to dig out the fretsaw table and cut along the lines.

No comments: