Friday, August 31, 2007

Painting people


peoplestick
Originally uploaded by Phil_Parker.
Tough day at work yesterday. We were interviewing for a new assistant which meant a day sat in a warm room, wearing a jacket and concentrating on each candidates. By the end of it I returned home with a headache and more than a bit shattered. To be honest all I wanted to do by about 8pm was go to sleep.

That’s much too early to sleep so I fiddled around with a few things and ended up painting figures. After an hour and a half I had a nice set of people ready to pass on to my Dad to populate his newly constructed tugboat.

Engrossed in my task with only the radio for company time seemed to pass unnoticed. I completely forgot my tiredness and headache - total relaxation. It’s often said that the best way to deal with stress is to find something else to concentrate on to the exclusion of everything else. It looks like this works for mild headaches too. I really felt refreshed after my painting session.

In case you are wondering, the figures are stuck with double-sided tape to a bit of wood. This wood acts as support for things being painted and also as a pusher when I’m soldering. For an offcut, it’s a suprisingly useful tool !

No comments: