Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Brixham trawler


Brixham trawler
Originally uploaded by Phil_Parker.
Welcome to those who have found this blog from topmodelboatsites.com.

For your enjoyment I post a picture of a modern fishing boat I took last year in Brixham harbour. I’ve been interested in these for a while – almost as soon as I was bought a 1/12th kit for a slightly smaller vessel in fact !

The interesting parts are those at the back. I’ve got to scratchbuild the gantry so I’ve collected a host of photos showing the detail. I can’t seem to find much in the way of plans so I suspect that many are built as one-offs to suit the captain’s requirements.

Whatever, with enough pics I’m sure I can do something sensible. The structure looks pretty simple to build from K&S brass bits when I get the time.

No comments: