Sunday, March 16, 2008

DOGA Warflat


wonky buffer
Originally uploaded by Phil_Parker.
Today I've been catching up on something I promised to do some time ago. The Double O Gauge Association has produced a kit for a model Warflat. I said I'd build it for the website.

My first go proved that work was needed on the instructions. We fixed this but I've had to build another kit to get it right. The kit has some clever thinking behind it and once you understand the thing goes together pretty quickly.

One area I failed on last time was the jacks at the end of the vehicle. On the prototype wagon these are screwed down to touch the rails, supporting the wagon as tanks are driven on or off. I put these on back to front.

This time they are the right way round but I see from the picture I need to rotate the buffer !

No comments: