Saturday, March 08, 2008

The spare parts box


Leftover mouldings
Originally uploaded by Phil_Parker.

With the fishing boat pretty much finished, I'm left with some mouldings that I have no imediate use for. There's nothing wrong with them, it's just that I think the deck is full enough without adding the fish boxes and the net doesn't look (to me, YMMV) like a fishing net. No matter what you do in the way of paint it will always look like a solid resin part.

So I get some bits for the spares box. A box, or series of boxes, that are part of every modellers life. Remember when the Airfix aeroplane you were building had "optional" parts like landing wheels, and if you left them off it was like getting something extra for free ? Come on, we all did it and we all put the bits in a box, which hardly ever gets raided because we never quite find a use for the contents but they are too good to throw away.

Anyway, the boxes are destined for the Boat Bits Box and the net probably for the bin. Still, they will come in handy one day...

Geek Note: I uploaded the picture and started this post (Blogger broke so I couldn't finish it that way) on my new Asus Eee PC. :-))

No comments: