Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Cardboard tile cutting

Tile cuttingNormally I like to top model buildings with Wills moulded plastic slate roofing but for Handyman Hall, I thought that something different was more in keeping with the economy methods employed elsewhere. On that basis I cut out individual tiles from cardboard.

Each tile is a rectangle about 4mm square. Before cutting I marked an extra line about 1mm in from the edge to be the overlap. Then I set too and made a little pile of card.

Fixing is easy enough, smear some PVA on the roof. Pick up each time with the point of a knife and put it in place. It helps if you've drawn some guidelines on the roof first. I know everyone goes on about wavy tile lines being something to aim for, but if you look at real roofs, this is the exception rather than the norm. Maybe on buildings near collapse but this one has been maintained properly thank you very much.

No comments: