Monday, January 06, 2014

PH Designs signals

PH etchesI'm not quite sure how I managed to say yes to my latest project but it seems that I've agreed to build a few 7mm scale signal components using etched parts from PH Designs.

This is unusual for me as I don't really do signals and I certainly don't do them in O gauge.

On the other hand, I recently assembled a mobile 'phone mast from the same maker in 2 hours for a magazine project and that went OK. Other people have said good things about the designs and I like to try something different now and then.

Anyway, the packet arrived and the etched parts look very nice.

Exploded DiagramsBetter still, the instructions are mostly really nice looking exploded diagrams for the hard of reading. There are even helpful notes and sub-diagrams to aid the builder, all of which bodes well.

Still, as they say, the proof of the pudding is in the eating, so it's time to warm up the soldering iron and have a good munch.

These parts will be sold through C&L Finescale.

No comments: