Monday, July 21, 2014

Danger, Phil Parker, Danger!

So there I am, merrily varnishing a new baseboard.

A cup of tea is presented to me - excellent news.

The tea is placed on the worktop.

You can see what's coming, can't you.

The next dip of the brush, brings up something a lot runnier than varnish. Fortunately it was only a tiny dip before I realised.

Ewwwww!

Anyway, you'll be pleased to know that the tea was wiped off the brush and work continued. I decided against drinking the tea...

So - today's advice. Keep tea and painting materials well apart. You don't want to waste a tasty drink.

3 comments:

Paul B. said...

In a similar vein, you can't use soldering flux for glueing plastic kits together... I must learn to read the label rather than just grabbing the nearest brown bottle!

Iain Robinson said...

I'm guilty of dunking an Abbey Crunch into a matchpot of grey emulsion...

Ubique Matt said...

Forgot I was using enamels (and not my usual acrylics) hence cleaning my brush in turps. Licked brush to form a tip and nearly poisoned myself.