Thursday, June 01, 2017

Build a Barclay and look under the sink

Time for a little bit of a magazine catch-up. If you wonder why I write these posts, it's partly ego (look at me, I'm in print), but mostly so I can use the search feature on Blogger to remind myself when a particular article has appeared.

Yes, I have the original mags, but a lot of them are in storage and flicking through those on the shelf isn't as quick as banging some keywords into that box on the top left of the screen.

Anyway, a couple of pieces to mention. First, in the June 2017 issue of Narrow Gauge World, I've written up building the O16.5 Barclay loco constructed some time ago. In many ways this is the series of blog posts edited and with a bit more useful information. And a lot less typos. That's the difference between what goes on here and a properly edited and curated magazine.

Over in the Railway Magazine Guide to Railway Modelling, I've been digging around under the sink and around the house to find some non-railway modelling materials that we can use for constructing layouts.

This article has been kicking around for years and finally found a home. Admittedly, not much of the original was left by the time I submitted it but then ideas, materials and my skills have changed a lot in that time!

All this magazine variety is going to be one of the casualties of my new roles with EIM and GR. It's time to concentrate on the new (to me) publications and stop messing around elsewhere.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope this doesn't mean an end to Modelling on the Blog.
Richard

Phil Parker said...

Don't worry, I'm going to keep the blog going as well. There might be a bit more news and I'll be out and about a bit so something else to write about. Variety is the spice of life as they say.