Monday, January 21, 2019

Bachmann shopping list


Since I ended up with a Hornby shopping list, it makes sense to have a Bachmann one as well since I attended their product launch on Monday.

The lack of eye-catching new locos means I'm not so quick with my credit card. I built a kit Baguley 009 loco years ago and for the moment, one will do. This doesn't mean a lack of tempting goodies.

In the Scenecraft range, there is a new modular warehouse system, in both OO and N gauge. The main walls will be available in different heights so you can build as long a structure as you want. Decorative tops clip on and if you'd like an entrance door, there is one that can be applied to the front covering up a couple of windows. I'd suggest removing the inner frame (hand on to it, it's a nice brass etch) and painting the area black, but this is quick and clever. Skytrex does something similar for 7mm modellers.


If you can bear to look away from the trains, how about a 1/32ns Lancaster bomber kit? Don't rush though because even at £400, they have all sold out. I'm not into warplanes myself, but can see why you'd want to build it.

Along the same lines, there will be a 1/12th scale Chopper bicycle kit (both these are in the Pocketbond range) for around £15. This I could be tempted by just as a fun project.


Very much under the radar, is this new range of PVC embossed surfaces from Proses. Each sheet is 14 X 34cm and you get three in a pack for £11.95 (RRP). There are some cracking surfaces an the material seems similar to Paylight, beloved of Iain Robertson years ago. I will defiantly be trying some of this stuff as soon as I can get my hands on it. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am rather tempted by the 00-9 read diesel and brake van. Been wanting to do a small narrow gauge model loosely inspired by chilmark, but it got put aside for a variety of reasons.

As for the Lancaster, if I had a) the money b)was still available and c) had space is happily get one. I had a tamiya 1/48 scale one years ago, and they fetch £100-150+ depending on the type and conditions. So £400 for a 1/32 one isn't as expensive as it first appears. Though I do wish they'd either use 1/35 or use 1/32 for the military vehicles for diorama purposes to some extent.