Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Looking for that leak


With the radio gear working, I need to find out where the water is coming in. Back on the pool (yes, it's gone green, there's someone coming to look at the filter next week) I sail the ark around for a while.

After ten minutes, looking inside, there is a tiny amount of water around the rudder tube.


A really tiny amount, but it's worked its way up the tube, I can feel it all the way up to the arm, which must be just lower than the waterline.

Unconvinced, I wanted to sail the model without the top, so added a bit of weight.


Another few minutes sail and again, a tiny amount of water. Certainly not a boat sinking amount, but it's the only wet stuff in there.

Ideally, I'd have sailed on, but the battery was on its last legs so this is on charge and I'll lightly grease the rudder post to try to keep things dry. Then have another go. 

No comments: