Monday, July 13, 2020

Sailing, not sinking



Back on the pool and this time the boat keeps the wet stuff on the correct side of the hull. 

I forgot to take some lead with me to balance the model properly, but a handy pebble worked well enough for this test. 

The smaller prop worked well too. Top speed is still a bit high, but I like that as it should let the model overcome winds and currents as well as getting out of the way of other models on the pond. 

Manoeuvrability is important. I well remember the day one of our club members was sailing his powerful model and because has was sitting down, couldn't see the boat in one corner of the pond. He decided to open the throttle and sailed straight through another model. Some people are idiots. 

Anyway, the other big check was battery capacity and again, I'm happy. Half an hours sailing with no slowing down. That's more than enough for this sort of boat. 

Now I can get on with the fun bits. 

No comments: