Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Entering the Red Room

 


While at Shepton Mallet a few weeks ago, I found myself with time to nip along to the Haynes Motor Museum. As a regular reader of the manuals that paid for the place, I was curious to see what it looked like. 

One highlight, is the "Red Room". It seems Mr Haynes thought that if all the cars on display in one place were the same hue, it would be easier to appreciate the designs because you wouldn't be distracted by all the different colours. 

 

I'm not convinced by this. For a start, all the reds are different. However, it's his collection and you can't disagree - the effect of all these pristine motors in one space is impressive. 

Reg Lamborgini Countach 
 
And yes, I am aware that for readers of Fifty Shades of Grey, "Red room" has a different meaning...




1 comment:

James Finister said...

Couldn't resist https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilTHiqAmuX8&ab_channel=TheLateLateShowwithJamesCorden