Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Warehouse Wednesday: Prefab bungalow

Prefab house

A recent research trip to Avoncroft Building Museum gave me the chance to grab a few photos of what I think is the most interesting building there - the prefab bungalow. I appreciate this is a controversial view, but all the medieval buildings don't do much for me on their own. This one has life, and I can imagine living in it.

Prefab house window

Mind you, I was as interested in the garden shed. You don't see things like this much now, but once they were everywhere. And yes, it IS ugly.

Prefab shed

1 comment:

Andy in Germany said...

Looking at the insulation I suspect they'd be great for Mould farming...

There used to be a couple of these on the edge of Lynton when I lived there. I just looked at Google Earth and there's an obviously new block of bungalows in the same plot.