Monday, September 11, 2023

Prepare the steam boat!

 

A new event is on the horizon. The boat and railway clubs have joined forces for a steam day, with boats on the water, and trains on the new tracks. 

I have trains, but it's a very long while since my fantail launch saw the water. But, I want to be one of the few, possibly the only one, operating in both areas.

Exhuming the launch from storage, being out of use has not been kind. All the basswork has taken on a distincly green tinge, and the mazak (I think) parts of the engine are a bit furry. 

Add to that the radio reeciever is 26mHz, there's a bit of work to do before the model is ready for a boiler test. Yes, we are now official, so it will have to submit to one of those. I'm not looking forward to this as the model doesn't have a normal safety valve, and I soft-soldered the boiler together! 




No comments: