Monday, April 01, 2024

Messy fun at railway club

 

"What did you do on Good Friday Phil?

I helped to paint the ceiling in our model railway clubrooms. And, as you can see, it was a messy job, or at least it is when I do it. 

When people talk about model railway clubs, they often assume that you need to be some sort of expert modeller to join one. That's not the case. Sometimes, the most useful person in a club, is the one who hangs on to the other end of a piece of wood while someone else is sawing it. Or, can work a roller when the ceiling needs painting. 

I've mentioned before that we are in the middle of a massive refurbishment. The ceiling in question is the underside of a whole new floor we are putting in to increase the space in our clubrooms. A situation forced on us by an expanding (in numbers, not waist sizes!) membership. 

Anyway, I've been ashamed that work has been too busy for me to get involved. Well, ashamed, and jealous of the team who got to put the steelwork in, 'cos that looked fun. At least I can put a few hours in with the paint, and feel I've done a bit. 

If you'd like to know more, we have a YouTube channel with some entertaining videos documenting the process.

No comments: