Sunday, August 30, 2026

Would you care to join me in Lutterworth this Thursday?

Lutterworth Railway Society
 

The Joys of Model Railway Publishing 

Phil Parker is the editor of Garden Rail magazine and a features writer for BRM (British Railway Modelling) magazine and website. Phil shares his experiences of these roles and of the UK modelling scene.


Earlier this year, I received a call asking if  I'd be willing to speak to the Lutterworth Railway Society about writing for model railway mags. Years ago, I used to pop up at lots of conferences for work, and generally enjoyed the experience, so I thought, "Why not?"

I understand that it's an open invitation, so if you fancy a trip to The Pavilion, Coventry Road Recreation Ground, Coventry Road,, Lutterworth, United Kingdom, LE17 4RB at 7:30pm, why not join me? 

And, if your group fancies a speaker for an evening's entertainment, hit the Ask Phil button, and we'll have a chat. I can talk about publishing, how you get into it, or the future of the hobby as I see it. Just remember that tea and cake will be required!

 

No comments: