Wednesday, November 22, 2023

A cream K6

 

Hull K6

On a recent layout shoot, I found myself near Hull. Now, the thing I know about Hull, is that their telephone boxes are cream, and don't feature a royal crest. It's all to do with being part of a seperate network to the Post Office - you can read the full details here

I've known about these boxes for decades, ever since reading the excllent book, Requiem for a Red Box. But, being a long way from the area, I'd never actually seen one. 

Ignoring how weird it sounded, at the end of the shoot, I asked if there was a cream box in the vicinity. The layout owners looked at me a bit old fashioned, but thought there was one in Brantingham, a couple of miles away. 

Off I set, and eventually found myself in a picturesque village, and beside the duck pond, was the object of my search!

No longer a working telephone box, inside is a little guide and history. Apparenlty, this is the most Westerly cream box in the district, so I was lucky to find it. It's condition is excellent, so obviously a well-loved piece of the landscape. 

You can visit the box on Streetview. 

Hull K6

 

No comments: